California State PTA has two scholarships to help you achieve your college dreams and your life goals.
Livermore High School past recipients::
- 2012-2013 – Sarah Dreher, Maura Hand, Priya Sri-Tharan
- 2011-2012 – Ashley Holmes
Two scholarships are available for application:
$750 Volunteer Service Scholarship — This scholarship recognizes graduating seniors for their volunteer service in schools and communities, allowing them to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools. Applicants must be PTA members graduating from a California high school between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year. Applications, reference forms and letters must be received by California State PTA by February 1; proof of enrollment and completion of coursework must be provided to California State PTA by June 1.
$500 Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarship – Honoring the volunteer and public-service legacy of Dr. Ralph E. White and his wife, Eleanor, this additional scholarship provides $500 each to two successful applicants of the Volunteer Service Scholarship who intend to pursue a career in a medical field.
The California State PTA offers Graduating High School Senior Scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each to acknowledge the achievements of high school seniors for volunteer service in the school and community.
All applicants are notified of their status in March. Scholarship winners receive a letter of congratulations and recognition certificate from California State PTA along with a check.
For questions and more information, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman at email@example.com.
This Scholarship Program provides funds for student PTA members to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools.
Eligibility – California State PTA scholarship funds are available to high school seniors graduating between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year from California high schools with a PTA/PTSA unit in good standing. Scholarship is to be used during fall semester/quarter following high school graduation at an accredited* college or university, community college or trade/technical school.
*Accreditation acceptable from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.; Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools; New England Association of Schools and Colleges; North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges; and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
This scholarship recognizes volunteer service in the school and community and does not have a grade point average restriction or requirement.
Applicant must be
- a California resident;
- graduating from a high school in California with a PTA/PTSA unit in good standing;
- a member of his/her high school PTA/PTSA; and a. a copy of applicant’s current PTA/PTSA membership card must be submitted with application.
- Completed application and reference forms with letters received by California State PTA by February 1st.
Selection – Each year, the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Committee carefully reads and vets each scholarship application. All applicants are notified of their status in March. Scholarship winners receive a letter of congratulations and recognition certificate from California State PTA along with a check.
Application Tips – Before submitting your scholarship application packet to California State PTA, please remember to check that it includes:
- Proof of your PTA membership
- Descriptive essay (maximum two pages) outlining your PTA responsibilities and your career plans, goals, objectives and any other information you feel would be valuable to the selection committee
- All of your school service-related activities including any service you provide to others in your school
- Your volunteer service in the community
- Two completed reference forms and letters, written specifically for this application (first reference written by a community volunteer leader unrelated to you and with whom you volunteered; second reference written by a member of the high-school faculty)
- If you are mailing a hard copy of your application packet, please remember to ask that reference forms and letters be given to you in a sealed envelope for you to include in the packet; if you’re applying online, provide the link specified in the online application to your two referees to submit their completed reference forms and letters.
To Apply – Apply Online
Questions? – Please contact the California Sate PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the California PTA website at: http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/graduating-high-school-seniors/
More PTA Scholarships and grants for parents too!
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PROFESSIONALS AND VOLUNTEERS
To help you continue on your educational path, the California State PTA is proud to offer several scholarship programs for school professionals and volunteers:
- For nurses – Registered Nurses are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship for School Nurses.
- For teachers and counselors – Credentialed teachers and counselors who have a minimum of three years’ experience in a California public school are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship for Credentialed Classroom Teachers and Counselors.
- For volunteers – PTA volunteers with at least three years of service are eligible to apply for the $500 Continuing Education Scholarship. Your scholarship must be used for advanced studies at accredited California colleges, universities, trade and technical schools.
GRANTS HELP YOUR PTA ACHIEVE
Is your PTA researching a new outreach program, or perhaps expanding on current success? Then apply for the California State PTA’s Program Grants. Available to unit, council and district PTAs in good standing, these unique annual grants are geared to address four initiatives of major interest to our children, schools and members:
- Parent Education Grants — Develop and implement parent education programs and projects in such areas as health, child development, child abuse prevention or parenting skills.
- Cultural Arts Grants — Develop and implement student-centered cultural arts programs which complement the California State PTA’s commitment to a quality arts education.
- Outreach Translation Grants — Translate PTA written materials and oral presentations in an effort to involve every member of the school community.
- Healthy Lifestyle Grants — Develop, promote and implement programs, projects and activities that will improve the overall health of children and adults.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY!
The deadline to apply for these grants and scholarships is October 15. For general questions about these important scholarship and grant programs, please contact the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman via email@example.com, and find out more at capta.org.